As you can see from the photo below, the hydrangea mobile we were trying to make last night did not work out. We followed all of the steps to the tutorial we found, but it wasn't happening. So after three hours of frustration, we moved on to the mural art.
We wanted some colorful artwork for the mural, but didn't want to have to buy a bunch of different prints. My first idea was to look for a children's book with great images, but we couldn't find any at our stops so I decided to peruse the office/school supplies aisle at Target and found these adorable folders that were perfect.
I simply cut out different parts of the folders I wanted to use and layered them on patterned paper for a little more dimension.
Here's how it turned out. We're going to add a letter G to the bottom left of the collection as well.
And here's the new flash card artwork. One of my favorite parts of the room.
We're getting closer!
Tonight we'll add the G to the mural and hang our new artwork that we got matted today.
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments. They brighten my day!